What is a Google My Business page?
Google themselves explain it pretty well: “Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organisations to manage their online presence across Google, including search and maps.”
What does this actually mean? Well, this means that whenever you need to change business information, such as address, contact information, business hours, etc, all you need do is update your Google My Business information and it will update across all your Google touch points.
Google My Business also gives you the added bonus of a business profile on the search results page. For examples, when you search for a company, such as Air Social Marketing Agency, you will notice a business profile on the right hand side (desktop) of the Google results page. This is your Google My Business profile, looks good doesn't it!
What are the benefits?
- Having a business profile appear on a search results page puts you in a significantly more prominent position than the other results (often your competition). It puts all your more key information front and centre, such as reviews, opening times, and contact details.
- You will rank higher on search engines. Bear in mind having contrasting contact information on your different Google touch-points can cause Google to penalise your SEO score. A Google My Business page can help fix this.
- People in the area will get location specific results, especially if you have multiple branches.
- In an increasingly competitive world, brand credibility is everything. A business profile appearing in search results puts you ahead of the competition. Combine this with positive reviews and a well coordinated social media presence, and new business will flock in.
- Don’t have a great website? Hard to use on smaller devices? Having a Google business profile gives your potential customers a place to find essential contact information and reviews in a clear and accessible way.
How do I create a Google My Business page?
A Google My Business page is free to set up. You can find instructions on how to do this at: https://business.google.com
A Google My Business page is a must-have tool in your digital arsenal. If you need advice or help setting this up, or coordinating this with the rest of your digital strategy, why not give us a call, we’ll be happy to help.