January 6, 2022
Air Social Digital Marketing is looking for a Social Media Manager (full-time) to join its award-winning team of digital marketing, social media and PR experts, based in Guildford, Surrey.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and have at least two years’ experience working for a social media marketing/advertising agency with exceptional copywriting skills and plenty of creative flair.
Typically project managing social media for up to 10 different client accounts simultaneously, the candidate will be super organised and able to juggle a variety of different tasks and responsibilities.
Air Social is an integrated, multi-service digital marketing and PR agency that works with local, national and global clients across a variety of sectors from social care and local government to hospitality and housing. Clients include Age UK, Hilton Hotels, Surrey County Council, West Sussex County Council, WSP, Zest Technology and many more.
We also run our own digital marketing and social media training school called the Air Social Academy, which help train small business and university students in key digital skills required to run a business. The successful candidate will have responsibility for planning and running some of the social media workshops the academy offers.
We are a friendly bunch but the environment we work in is fast-paced and continually changing so any successful candidate will need to prove they have the resilience to deal with the challenges this can present.
For hardworking candidates with the drive and determination to succeed, there is plenty of scope for promotion within the team.
- A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to advertising/branding and customers
- Strong copywriting and editing skills suitable for each social media platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of algorithms and search engine optimisation
- Skills in data analysis and interpreting statistics
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds and at different levels
- Impeccable time keeping. You will often be working to tight client deadlines so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality
- Adaptability. Air Social is an integrated agency that works across a variety of different services and sectors and therefore the ability to adapt skillset is essential
Typical day-to-day activities could include:
- Developing creative and engaging social media strategies
- Managing the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tiktok and YouTube, adapting content to suit different channels
- Creating engaging multimedia content across multiple platforms
- Managing and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Monitoring, tracking, analysing and reporting on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights
- Researching and evaluating the latest trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity
- Liaising with clients via telephone, email, conference calls or face-to-face
- Attending client events and industry conferences as required
Benefits of working with Air Social
- A competitive salary £25k-£30k (DOE)
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays. Increasing by 1 day per year up to five years
- Government Workplace Pension
- Regular work social events
- Brand new office in Guildford (with well-stocked beer fridge and in-house coffee bar). Dogs very welcome
- Regular staff training and full development programme
- Team building volunteer days
If you’re confident, love delivering great service, well organised and love teamwork then please apply.
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Air Social