Air Social Digital Marketing is looking for a PR account executive (full-time) to join its award-winning team of PR, digital marketing and social media experts, based in Guildford, Surrey.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and ideally have work experience in PR or journalism, exceptional copywriting skills and plenty of creative flair, as well as some knowledge of social media and digital marketing.
Typically working across up to 10 different client accounts simultaneously, the candidate will be super organised and able to juggle a variety of different tasks and responsibilities.
Air Social is an integrated, multi-service digital marketing and PR agency that works with local, national and global clients across a variety of sectors from social care and local government to hospitality and housing. Clients include Age UK, Hilton Hotels, Surrey County Council, West Sussex County Council, WSP, Zest Technology and many more.
We also run our own digital marketing and social media training school called the Air Social Academy, which help train small business and university students in key digital skills required to run a business.
We are a friendly bunch but the environment we work in is fast-paced and continually changing so any successful candidate will need to prove they have the resilience to deal with the challenges this can present.
For hardworking candidates with the drive and determination to succeed, there is plenty of scope for promotion within the team.
- Excellent written and spoken English and acute attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds and at different levels
- Impeccable time keeping. You will often be working to tight media and client deadlines so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality
- Resilience. You need to be ballsy enough to pick up the phone to national journalists and resilient enough to handle criticism and rejection
- Adaptability. Air Social is an integrated agency that works across a variety of different services and sectors and therefore the ability to adapt skillset is essential
Typical day-to-day activities could include:
- Supporting account managers and directors with the day-to-day running of client accounts
- Writing press releases, news stories, articles and case studies
- Pitching press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online
- Reactive PR (responding to incoming journalist enquiries)
- Arrange interviews, editorial meetings and press visits with key journalists and facilitate where appropriate
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Attend client events and industry conferences
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns
Benefits of working with Air Social
- A competitive salary – £20-£25k DOE
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays. Increasing by 1 day per year once you’ve completed two years' service
- Government Workplace pension
- New office (with well-stocked beer fridge and coffee bar). Dogs welcome.
- Regular work social events
- Team building volunteer days
If you're confident, love delivering great service, well organised and love teamwork then please apply.
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Air Social